pishposh.

Saturday, February 4, 2017

keep up, kids.

So in the time that I have been missing, the tavern turned into TJ's. I left that place to open a new restaurant closer to my house. I'd been there for about a month and a half. It was fine most days, other than the fact that I was being worked into the ground. I loved my coworkers and we had such fun despite having spent so little time together, but I quit a couple months ago. I straight up told my poor manager that I wasn't coming back to work anymore, then we all went out to the bar for an impromptu going away party.

I had a lot of fun! Of course, I could've spent that $70 on a new PS4 game... but I wouldn't have enjoyed the company of my friends. I meant to keep in touch with them somehow. I just have to keep to it. When I told everyone, the first thing they asked if I was ok and that meant a lot to me. People care and it's so sweet. For someone as nonchalant and detached as me, it doesn't take a lot for me to be touched.

Thinking back on it now, I was so happy and I was having so much fun. Being surrounded by friends and laughing the night away together. Fast forward to today and I can actually say that I've seen Eric and Ed recently. Even Dia and Coco. So I think I'm getting better at this maintaining relations business. I know that I can't go back, but every now and then I remember the people I've met and spent time with. I remember the fun we had and the happiness that we shared. It's bittersweet, knowing it happened, but also knowing that I'm further from those days than ever before.

I remember being in high school and going to John's house to play video and board games. Going to the mall, driving up and down 29 with Rod, Ness, Serge, Cris, and Jim. We'd eat, get Rita's, laugh our summer days away before going off to college.

I remember working my first job at Starbucks and being nestled in between Nicki and Melinda. They protected me at random house parties and looked after me. I remember the boys that would follow me around in the later years, and how we would go drink at Jon's place after work. How we would drink and smoke all night and open the store the following morning. We would go to movies, bars, hide from girlfriends.

I remember working at the ramen house. I remember Eichi being like a second father to me and how he was all seeing. Elvi used to be the only one who would do something for my birthday.

I remember at Beck's all the people I met and loved. All the people that fell away and returned to their own lives. Before this point, I'd never been at a place where the turnover rate was so high. But in that short time, we made good memories. Bar hopping in Baltimore with Pat and Erik. Drinking at the Q every night after work with Bell, Drea, and Lu. Baseball games, Tasca parties, cook outs.

A person can never go back, only forward.

I'm determined to find more from this point on. To live harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment