pishposh.

Saturday, March 25, 2017

fragments


Remember when I said that I was terrified of change? I've been at my new job for a few months now and although I'm not home as I used to be, it's become another home. I know people there and everyone is nice to me. Hours are good and money is better than before. Aside from that, I've made a new girl friend and I love her and we always work together. Every day is full of laughter, no matter how stressful and chaotic things get. So I'm content.

Girl friends never really come easily to me. I get along with and hang out with girls every once in a while, but I'm terrible at keeping in touch. That goes for everyone, actually. I've been thinking lately. The thing about me is that I love, love, love things about people. Pieces of them, but the whole package is way too much for me to handle. Does that make any sense? Am I just strange?

I love the moments. I'll miss people when they're long gone. Maybe I'm just taking these things for granted. Maybe I'll never change. But you know, the memories are good enough for me. I know I'll move forward and make more. Even though there are days I regret letting people go, even though there are days that I feel helplessly lonely. If I smile, I can find happiness and minutes of content in any of my days with the people that surround me. Strangers or not, it doesn't matter because I'm a simple girl. Easily amused and eager to smile.

The longer I live my life, the more I understand that I'm probably going to be flying solo. The funny thing is that I believe that I'll be alright. I don't need a whole person, I don't have any need to make one person 'mine'. Maybe I'm just saying this because I haven't met the right one, but as of now I'm ok. Maybe it's because I know that I don't have to be alone. I could choose someone and they would love me. Somehow that isn't what I want. You could call me arrogant or fickle, but that's just who I am.

Generosity comes easily to me in many aspects, but I can see that I'm actually extremely selfish. Especially when it comes to my time. I need to have time for myself and that's something that I absolutely refuse to compromise on... yet, at least. I dream. We all do. But I'm not about to let any disappointment drag me down. Until something happens, I can keep going on by myself. 

I'll cross that bridge or burn it when it comes around.

No comments:

Post a Comment